TurbOT Racing is an underground robot race competition sponsored by a big corporation. In the role of an Advanced AI, your goal is to drive a powerful robotic system in races that will both challenge your response time and perception of the environment.
Welcome to Turbot Racing Steam Page!
My idea to make TurbOT Racing was about bringing to you a robot racing game easy to control, but with a nice level of challenge. The own TurbOT was designed with helper side turbines that will highly increase your capabilities of maneuvering through hard corners on the tracks.
The “trade” by getting such system support is that you need to manage energy to feed it, what sort of fits the idea of feeling like the A.I. software that gives life to the robot.
Just get your eyes open and you will get lots of other details as the BIOS screen that will display the installed processors each time you boot the game and lots of tips from TurBOT Universe on both tracks and components descriptions.
I hope you get a lot of fun with the game, so without further ado let’s get your unit activated!
You are an Advanced AI driving a TurbOT, the ultimate racing machine without the use of wheels.
Your main directives from now on will be:
1) To identify the scanned elements on the environment and translate this information in fast and precise reactions to maximize your speed and predict the needed maneuvers on each assigned route.
2) To manage the energy produced by the TurbOT reactor sharing power between your turbo systems and processor, what will allow you to get better maneuverability or the capabilities to perform more tasks by second.
3) While the concept of entertainment or a full comprehension of human fun is useless to your main directives, you can use the information about the number of people watching your presentations (that we call fans) as a secondary parameter of success since this will also to reflect on the tracks we will assign to your unit and the number of resources that ASIA MOTORS will invest in each hardware upgrade on your body.
4) You will also need to provide guidance on hardware upgrades to improve your performance after each race.
You will be matched with other Advanced AIs versions installed on bodies like yours, so, to present a better performance than your competitors is indispensable to be considered as the final and better AI version.
WARNING: Any damage caused by malfunction from your part (both to your hardware and to third parties on the tracks) will be deducted from the corporation budget assigned to the engineers that work on your version.
v1.18 (minor) Features
- Added Reverse command, you can use it through “S” key on keyboard or “A” button on the gamepad, check the in-game manual for details.
- Gamepad shoulder buttons (L1 – R1) now can be used to reload side turbos.
- Speed effect on screen is not tied anymore to components.
- Minor balance adjustments on some tracks.
- Decreased collision and destruction penalties for race prizes.
v1.16 (minor) Features
TurbOTs now automatically activates headlights on darker tracks.
v1.15 (minor) Features
Achievements reviewed (lesser requisites):
- Big Money Decreased requirement for 15,000 credits.
- Race Star Decreased requirement to 20,000 fans.
- NEW MOUSE STEERING SYSTEM!
- 3D (optimized) graphics.
- Fast-paced gameplay.
- 4 Racetracks.
- 8 Different races with increasing levels of difficulty.
- Upgrades and Color Customization.
- No “rubberbanded” A.I.
- Instructions in a game (accessible from game menu).
- Don’t let the energy on your turbines to deplete, TurbOTs relies “A LOT” on them to good maneuverability.
- Crashes just occur when a TurbOT reaches some run speed, it is a nice countermeasure to break before to collide since this will avoid the crash penalty.
- Another way to avoid harder collisions is to overclock the TurbOT processor when you feel that a collision is coming, don’t forget this capability.
- Overclock, Max Speed and Resistance are tied to some specific components you will install, as an example, you get “more intense” Overclock effect and duration by getting the better processor and cooling system in the workshop.
- While it is personal taste and it has keyboard support, I would like to ask you to please try it at least once on a controller and with a mouse and keyboard to find your own way of play.